Metcal innovation has led the industry for decades, beginning with SmartHeat technology that senses the thermal load and instantly delivers Power on demand to the solder joint. The embedded self-regulating heater delivers the right amount of Power based on the requirements of the solder joint. This provides a fast, safe, and repeatable process with no calibration required. The intermetallic compound thickness is critical in the formation of a solder joint.
Connection Validation (CV) evaluates the quality of the solder joint by calculating the intermetallic compound formation and provides closed loop feedback to the operator. CV provides feedback to the operator via the LED light ring integrated in the handpiece. It takes the risk associated with the variables involved in the soldering activity and removes the success and failure determination of a good solder joint out of the hands of the operator. CV complements the skill of the operator to judge the quality of a solder joint by introducing an objective method of evaluating solder joint quality. This systemic and objective approach provides repeatability and a measurable standard to the soldering process.
The CV-500 series packs all the Connection Validation™ technology into a compact, economical housing. Unlike the 80W dual-simultaneous CV-5210 , the CV-510 has Dual Switchable Output and a lower 40W output power, alongside a smaller and more lightweight appearance. The CV-510 is supplied with a CV-H1-AV Advanced Handpiece , compatible with CVC and SMC cartridges and a CV-W1AV Workstand . Other handpieces are available to purchase separately.
Key Product Features & Benefits:
– SmartHeat Power on Demand Technology
– Patented Connection Validation IMC Formation Technology
– 2.8″ colour touchscreen with bold graphics
– Communications Port for process traceability data and firmware graphics
– Integrated Net Power Meter and power graph – With optional precise tip temperature display
– Patented Chip-in-Cartridge technology
– Closed loop bi-directional communication.
– Stores and records cartridge attributes
– Provides traceability information.
– Protects power supply from non-conforming cartridges.
– Backwards compatible with MX series power supplies
– Password protection
– Supplied with a CV-H1-AV Handpiece – CVC & SMC cartridges.
o Full range of handpieces and Upgrade Kits available separately.