The HCT2-200 Hot Air Pencil is the latest addition to Metcal’s convection rework tools. This digital handheld convection tool is ideally suited for light rework applications, which use smaller components and integrated circuits.
As component miniaturization continues (e.g. 01005 components), the ergonomics of a pencil become more important to allow a user freedom to access and rework components on the board without affecting adjacent parts. Larger handheld convection systems commonly reflow and dislodge
adjacent components due to a higher minimum airflow.
The HCT2 series of Digital Hot Air Pencils have always included an array of nozzle sizes for precision control. The system is supplied with 6 Straight Nozzles (HN-120KIT-6). A kit of 6 Bent Nozzles are available to purchase separately (HN-HCT2-BENT-6).Metcal has made working under a microscope easier with the optional bent nozzles.
The HCT2-200’s improved thermal performance allows the user to target a larger variety of components. Add the HCT2-200 to your workbench and experience improved performance.
Key Product Features & Benefits:
– 200 Watt Ceramic Heater and Dual Stage Air Pump: Provides the power and performance needed to deliver the right amount of thermal energy.
– Digital Airflow & Temperature Controls: Two LED displays provide a graphical and numerical representation of the desired airflow and temperature.
– Fast Response and Performance: A microprocessor controlled, closed loop feedback system provides fast heating, precise and stable temperature control.
– Standby Mode: When the hand-piece is placed into the workstand, the temperature will drop prolonging heater life.
– Replaceable Hand-Piece: The hand-piece has been redesigned to allow removal from front of the machine.
– Ergonomic and Light Weight Hand-Piece: Slim and ergonomic design hand-piece that feels like a pencil, with a rubber grip.
– Easily Change Heaters, Nozzles, and Hand-Pieces: All can be changed in moments.
– Nozzles: Six straight nozzles (1.5 mm – 4.0 mm)are included in the unit with a nozzle plate holder inside the workstand. Bent Nozzles available to purchase separately (HN-HCT2-BENT-6).
There are no reviews yet.