Non-Eutectic & Low Temperature Solder Paste for Assemblies with Temperature Sensitive Substrates, Components & High Warpage Chips
ALPHA® OM-550 is a new low temperature chemistry paired with the ALPHA® HRL1 alloy. This alloy was designed to exhibit improved drop shock and thermal cycling performance versus existing low temperature alloys. Together, the flux and alloy blend to make a product that has the characteristics of a modern solder paste designed for motherboards but with the ability to reflow at lower temperatures therefore minimizing NWO and HIP defects in complex assemblies.
Key Products Features & Benefits:
- ALPHA® OM-550 HRL1 is a high reliability, low-temp solder paste. The alloy in this paste has a melting point significantly lower than SAC305.
- A minimum peak temp of only 185°C v 245°C reduces energy consumption in the SMT process.
- Designed to increase production yield & reduce component warpage.
- Joints formed with ALPHA® OM-550, HRL1 have improved mechanical reliability over other low temperature alloys.
- Drop shock performance in mixed alloy joints increased by 100% compared to other SnBi alloys.
- Thermal cycling reliability in mixed alloy joints improved by 20%.
- HRL1 alloy shows best compatibility with SAC alloy versus other low temperature SnBi alloys.
- Long Stencil Life: Tested up to 12 hours of continuous printing.
- Good voiding on various packages: BGAs, MLFs, DPAK, LGAs.
- Low temp reflow eliminates Head-in-Pillow & NWO defect.
- Air & N2 reflow capable.
- Compatible with SAC305 components!
Product Number : OM-550