ALPHA® SnCX Plus™ 07 is No-silver lead-free alloy suitable for use as a replacement for SnPb, SAC305 and other low silver SAC alloys in wave solder, selective soldering, lead tinning and rework processes. SnCX Plus™ 07 has been engineered to minimize copper dissolution as compared to silver-bearing alloys and also to improve total cost of ownership. The SnCX Plus™ 00 variant is used as a replenishment alloy in solder baths with elevated copper levels.
Key Products Features & Benefits:
- Reliability – Comparable to silver bearing alloys (i.e. SAC305) and other enhanced Sn99.3Cu0.7 alloys in thermal fatigue resistance, lap shear and pin pull performance.
- Yield – Excellent production yields. Outperforms Sn99.3Cu0.7 based materials.
- Copper Erosion – Low erosion in long, hot exposure soldering process.
- Dross Generation – Lowest in class due to the Vaculoy process in conjunction with the addition of a dross reducing agent.
- Solder Fillet Surface – Smooth and bright with no surface crack
- Lowers Total Cost of Ownership due to the lower material cost, high yields and low copper dissolution rates.
- Gives very good solderability due to the fast wetting speed.
- Reduces erosion of copper plating during rework which improving assembly reliability.
- Friendlier and less aggressive to solder pot material as compared to silver-bearing alloys.
- Delivers good performance across different soldering processes.