The Scorpion Advanced Package Rework System ensures both accurate component placement and custom tailored reflow profiles in one user friendly, single platform rework system.
The Scorpion Rework System fills challenges of array package rework with quick, accurate placement through the use of an all new vision system employing dual image overlay technology. This new vision system features LED lighting both top and bottom for shadow-free component visualization and component alignment.
The two-head modular design allows the Scorpion Rework System to be tailored to the users specific rework needs and allows precision alignment of the smallest BGAs, QFNs and Micro SMDs with the highest accuracy. The open-ended board holder fits a wide variety of large, small and odd-shaped boards while allowing precise positioning over the patented dual subzone preheater.
The standard auto-profile mode ensures fast and easy profile creation with a minimum of setup time. By selecting your temperature targets any operator can quickly and accurately create reflow profiles for a wide variety of boards, and then save them in memory for future use.
Key Product Features and Benefits:
- Desktop sized
- 2800W dual zone preheater with 550W top heater
- Modular design allowing the customer to customize the unit to meet their needs
- A 343mm (13.5") x open-ended PCB holder with micrometer adjustment
- Mechanical X and Z axis movement on linear bearings for long-life and minimal maintenance
- Component is retracted automatically at the end of reflow when removing parts
- Linux-based integral computer
- External USB for file transfer
- SmartPlace Vision System is a high definition vision system which uses dual CMOS sensors to assist in the placement of components and requires no calibration.
- Optional Precision Placement Head (APR-SRS-UK1) for ultra fine pitch components with placement accuracy of .038mm (.0015")
- Optional Contactless IR Sensor for auto start at pre-determined temperatures
SmartPlace Technology Vision System Features: •Dual, full color HD camera
- 25x Digital Zoom
- Diffused LED lighting for shadow-free component alignment
- Auto-Profiling allows operators the ability to create successful reflow profiles the first time
- On the fly profile management of target set points, adding and subtracting time zones, and profile measurement points
- Real time graphical display of solder joint temperatures
- Internal storage of profile data with expansion and transfer via a USB flash drive
- Graphics-based user interface for simple operation
- Password protection for operators and engineers
- Uses existing APR-5000 Series reflow and vacuum nozzles
- Precision Placement head uses pick and place machine nozzles
- Compact footprint for easy benchtop use
- Self-contained machine, no air supply needed. Plug it in and it is ready to operate.
Product Number : APR-1100-SRS